This conference will take place on 25-28 May, 2010, in Seoul, Republic of Korea
The deadline for submissions: February 15, 2010
A call for paper proposals for the 2nd UNESCO World Conference on Arts Education has been posted on the conference website. http://www.artsedu2010.kr/htm/en/program/401_callforpaper.jsp
Before submitting a paper proposal, contributors must register on the website. http://www.artsedu2010.kr/htm/en/program/301_regis.jsp
The following information is taken from the conference website and from a message distributed by the organizers. It appears that organizers may now be accepting only abstracts submitted via the website although email and fax addresses are also provided.
Abstract(s) must be written in either ENGLISH or in FRENCH.
English: English abstracts can be submitted electronically through the online system of the official website or
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome abstracts submitted by fax: +82 2 2075 6317.
Convened at the initiative of UNESCO, in close partnership with the Government of Republic of Korea, the 2nd World Conference on Arts Education will take place in Seoul from 25th to 28th of May, 2010. The Conference will bring together representatives of Ministries of Education and/or Culture from the UNESCO Member States, as well as various experts, researchers and practitioners in the area of Arts Education.
Researchers are invited to submit abstracts for paper presentations within the framework of the upcoming World Conference on Arts Education. Abstracts from any relevant discipline will be considered, provided they make an original academic contribution to the research of arts education and its effects. All workshop topics are listed in the Appendix 1 and also available on the following webpage: http://www.artsedu2010.kr/htm/en/program/201_detail.jsp . The Steering Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation. We particularly seek proposals for research papers on the following topics within the realm of Arts Education:
- Arts education practices after the Road Map: contextualizing the Road Map
- Encouraging cooperation and partnerships: within and beyond school
- Developing the capacity of arts education practitioners: education and training system
- Reaching out to a diversity of socio-cultural contexts and specificities
- Healing and relieving through arts education
- Social and economic intervention of arts education
- Evidence, language of advocacy: indicators of arts education, evidence-based policy making
- Building information gateway: Arts Education Glossary and Observatories
- Renewed language of arts education: Creativity, interaction between theory and practice