NSEAD South East Art and Design (SEAD) meets once a term in a museum and gallery setting in London. The next meet up will take place on Saturday 23 September at Autograph
NSEAD South East Art and Design meets once a term in a museum and gallery setting in London. This diverse group covers primary, secondary, further education and initial teacher education. The group is reforming in partnership with the Institute of Education, to enable work with ITE, London based art and design trainees and newly qualified teachers. The group shares good practice, and updates and debates on local and national issues concerning curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment and all areas of art craft and design education.
11.00-11.15 AM: Arrival and welcome: Jolie Hockings, Andy and Ged
11.15- 1 PM:
- The morning will begin with an introduction to the gallery and its past and present work with teachers and schools. There will then be a tour of the exhibition Armet Francis: Beyond The Black Triangle followed by a practical activity responding to themes and discussion points from the show.
- About the exhibition
For more than four decades, Armet Francis’ mission in photography has been to document the African diaspora. A Jamaican-British photographer with an acute understanding of black consciousness, his images are life-affirming moments that celebrate the resilience and survival of African diasporic cultures.
NB. Access to the exhibition is available until 6.00pm
1.00-1.30pm: Break for lunch
1.30-3.30pm: NSEAD updates and discussion
Marlene Wylie: NSEAD President will introduce the Visualise Publication
Discussions and presentations will explore:
- Activity: Starting to use the Big Landscape to plan/create a curriculum
- NSEAD Big Landscape website launch - Preview
- Navigating and using the Big Landscape – members will be able to log-in and try out the website. Work in pairs to explore and attempt to plan.
- Networking and meeting - further network meetings and preferences.
- Venues, Future Topics and Guidance required by the group.
- Other News Update:
NB. There is no onsite café but tea and coffee will be provided on arrival. As there is no charge for attending this network meeting, attendees are encouraged to make their own arrangements for lunch in the Shoreditch area or purchase/bring sandwiches with them.