This course, led by NSEAD experts Ged Gast and Liz McFarlane provides practical support and knowledge for compliance with the regulations that govern our practice as teachers of a non-examination subject.
Need support in the areas of delivery, management, and assessment of the full GCSE examination course?
Not familiar with the JCQ guidance around the management of non-examination assessment?
About this course
This half day course focuses on successfully leading GCSE Art and Design with the objectives of:
- Developing a better understanding of GCSE examinations in art & design
- Understanding the expectations of senior leadership
- Exploring the documentation, regulations and prohibited actions when teaching and preparing students for examination and marking
- Addressing what is best practice and how should you plan your KS3 and 4 curriculum to ensure you are GCSE ready.
What to expect:
- An overview of GCSE content and regulations
- The implications for teachers applying the regulations
- How to establish good learning behaviours and habits
- How to prepare for the externally set assignment
- An overview of methodology – what skills do you plan to develop?
- How to ensure students have knowledge, skills and practice.
Experienced subject leaders will also share their GCSE priorities and approaches
Led by NSEAD specialists Ged Gast and Liz McFarlane
Date: Thursday 26th May
Time: 1:30pm – 5:00pm
This course is part of the NSEAD Annual Conference programme – find out more and register here