We plan to feature papers with a wide range of responses and approaches to the issues raised including (but not limited to) the following questions and themes:
- What is unique about Art and Design in supporting Culturally Responsive Education?
- How can we connect Art and Design curricula, at all levels, with diverse communities?
- What roles can universities and schools play in the future of Culturally Responsive Education in Art and Design?
- ‘Powerful knowledge’ in the Art and Design curriculum
- To what extent should Art and Design Education be concept or content driven/process or knowledge-based in support of culturally responsive aims?
- Does Art and Design practice constitute its own field of knowledge?
- The role of disciplinary/interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary communities in Art and Design Education
- Art and Design curricular, agency and communities of enquiry
- Decolonising the Art and Design curriculum
- Diversifying knowledge and authority of knowledge in museums and galleries
- Pedagogies that promote diversity as a creative resource
- Knowledge and curricula in the art school
- Art practice as a form of knowledge
Call for papers submit by the 1st October 2022