Subject association and learned society membership for UK secondary, FE & HE Art & Design, Initial Teacher Education and Gallery Education departments.
What are the benefits?
- Resources and advice to support teaching and learning of art, craft & design in your school or college.
- Immediate access to the members only areas of our website. Comprehensive resources and guidance to support every area of your work.
- Three issues of AD (the Society's magazine) & artists poster delivered three times a year to your school or cultural venue
- Three online issues of the International Journal of Art & Design Education each year and full access to every article published in the Journal since 1982.
- Frequent professional development opportunities at concessionary rates through an extensive programme of international, national, regional and online events. Priority booking at membership rates for up your staff.
- Free advertising for art staff vacancies on our fortnightly bulletin and Facebook groups, reaching more than 6000 members.
Standard benefits for all members:
- Fortnightly newsletter direct to your inbox with all the latest news, opinions, events, jobs and opportunities
- Browse and download previous editions of AD and START magazine
Making a difference
- Help us influence the decision makers as we promote and protect your subject , Be part of NSEAD campaigns, make your voice heard through our All Party Parliamentary Group, contribute to NSEAD consultations and member surveys, join in with special projects and events.
- As an NSEAD member you support our work with government and governmental agencies including DfE, DENI, SOEID, Ofsted, CCEA(NI), LTS, SQA, the Chartered College and The TRA– making a difference for Art, craft & design education.
- Enjoy being part of a lively community of Art, craft & design educators, researchers and practioners. NSEAD supports regional networks across the UK and is affiliated with INSEA. Our events bring together members from all phases of education across the UK and worldwide.
- Members only invitation to join the NSEAD Facebook group, with over 4000 members.