Full Trade Union membership at NQT rate is available to those who are employed or resident in the UK.
Combined Trade Union and Professional Association membership for NQTs working in any phase or setting. Available for UK members only.
What are the benefits?
- Efficient, professional advice on all aspects of employment in education: legal advice and aid..
- Trade union representation from Art Education specialists – we understand your needs.
- As a member of the TUC, our members can access training and campaigns, helping to change the world of work for good.
- The NSEAD is an independent trade union affiliated to any other union or political party.
- Resources and advice to support every area of your work and career
- Immediate access to the members only areas of our website including job listings, sector news and events, case studies, downloadable resources.
- three issues each year of AD (the Society's magazine) & artists poster
- Browse and download previous editions of AD
- three online issues each year of the International Journal of Art & Design Education each year and full access to every article published in the Journal since 1982.
- Frequent professional development opportunities at concessionary rates through an extensive programme of international, national, regional and online events.
- Careers advice and personal development opportunities.
- Work with members who share your interests to investigate issues of special interest.
- NSEAD negotiate discounts for members on publications, courses, exhibitions and events throughout the year – watch out for offers in your fortnightly bulletin.
- Being a member of the UK’s subject association and learned society for Art, craft and design education enhances your status as a developing professional. After two years of membership you are eligible to use NSEAD as your post nominal initials
- Stand for election to our Council or Forum. Build your professional profile and help to shape the work of the Society.
Standard benefits for all members:
- Fortnightly newsletter direct to your inbox with all the latest news, opinions, events, jobs and opportunities
- Browse and download previous editions of AD and START magazine
Making a difference
- Help us influence the decision makers as we promote and protect your subject , Be part of NSEAD campaigns, make your voice heard through our All Party Parliamentary Group, contribute to NSEAD consultations and member surveys, join in with special projects and events.
- As an NSEAD member you support our work with government and governmental agencies including DfE, DENI, SOEID, Ofsted, CCEA(NI), LTS, SQA, the Chartered College and The TRA– making a difference for Art, craft & design education.
- Enjoy being part of a lively community of Art, craft & design educators, researchers and practioners. NSEAD supports regional networks across the UK and is affiliated with INSEA. Our events bring together members from all phases of education across the UK and worldwide.
- Members only invitation to join the NSEAD Facebook group, with over 4000 members.