Subject association membership at concessionary rate is for Primary school teachers, subject specialist teachers & leaders, primary NQTs, and unwaged working in primary phase settings. Available for UK members.
What are the benefits?
Resources and guidance
Support for every area of your work and career
- Immediate access to the members only areas of our website including job listings, sector news and events, case studies, downloadable resources.
- Being a member of the UK’s subject association and learned society for Art, craft and design education enhances your status as a developing professional. After your first year of membership you are eligible to use NSEAD as your post nominal initials
- Stand for election to our Council or Forum. Build your professional profile and help to shape the work of the Society
- Fortnightly bulletin direct to your inbox with all the latest news, opinions, events, jobs and opportunities
- three issues each year of AD (the Society's magazine) & artist poster
- Browse and download back issues of AD and START magazine
- three online issues each year of the International Journal of Art & Design Education each year and full access to every article published in the Journal since 1982.
- Frequent professional development opportunities at concessionary rates through an extensive programme of international, national, regional and online events.
- Careers advice and personal development opportunities.
- Work with members who share your interests to investigate issues of special interest.
- NSEAD negotiate discounts for members on publications, courses, exhibitions and events throughout the year – watch out for offers in your fortnightly bulletin.
Making a difference
- Help us influence the decision makers as we promote and protect your subject , Be part of NSEAD campaigns, make your voice heard through our All Party Parliamentary Group, contribute to NSEAD consultations and member surveys, join in with special projects and events.
- As an NSEAD member you support our work with government and governmental agencies including DfE, DENI, SOEID, Ofsted, CCEA(NI), LTS, SQA, the Chartered College and The TRA– making a difference for Art, craft & design education.
- Enjoy being part of a lively community of Art, craft & design educators, researchers and practioners. NSEAD supports regional networks across the UK and is affiliated with INSEA. Our events bring together members from all phases of education across the UK and worldwide.
- Members only invitation to join the NSEAD Facebook group, with over 4000 members.