Combined trade union and subject association membership at concessionary rate for full time undergraduate and post-graduate students of Art & Design,and trainee teachers in any phase or setting. Available for UK members only FREE STUDENT MEMBERSHIP FOR TRAINEE TEACHERS - SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT WITH US AND PAY NOTHING UNTIL OCTOBER 2020! NQTS ENJOY A 50% DISCOUNT FOR THEIR FIRST YEAR OF TEACHING
What are the benefits?
- Efficient professional advice on all aspects of employment in education
- Trade union representation from Art Education specialists – we understand your needs.
- As a member of the TUC, our members can access training and campaigns, helping to change the world of work for good.
- The NSEAD is an independent trade union affiliated to any other union or political party.
Resources and advice
- Immediate access to the members only areas of our website. Comprehensive resources and guidance to support every area of your work, study and future career
- Fortnightly bulletin direct to your inbox with all the latest news, opinions, events, jobs and opportunities
Making a difference
- Help us influence the decision makers as we promote and protect your subject , Be part of NSEAD campaigns, make your voice heard through our All Party Parliamentary Group, contribute to NSEAD consultations and member surveys, join in with special projects and events.
- AS an NSEAD member you support our work with government and governmental agencies including DfE, DENI, SOEID, Ofsted, CCEA(NI), LTS, SQA, the Chartered College and The TRA– making a difference for Art, craft & design education.
- Enjoy being part of a lively community of Art, craft & design educators, researchers and practioners. NSEAD supports regional networks across the UK and is affiliated with INSEA. Our events bring together members from all phases of education across the UK and worldwide.
- Members only invitation to join the NSEAD Facebook group, with over 4000 members.
- Browse and download all current and past issues of AD (the Society's magazine);
- Three online issues of the International Journal of Art & Design Education each year and full access to every article published in the Journal since 1982.
- Frequent professional development opportunities at concessionary rates through an extensive programme of international, national, regional and online events.
- Careers advice and personal development opportunities.
- Work with members who share your interests to investigate issues of special interest.
- NSEAD negotiate discounts for members on publications, courses, exhibitions and events throughout the year – watch out for offers in your fortnightly bulletin.
- Being a member of the UK’s subject association and learned society for Art, craft and design education enhances your status as a developing professional.
- Stand for election to our Forum. Build your professional profile and help to shape the work of the Society.