Subject association & learned society membership – essential for teachers, lecturers, artist educators, advisers and consultants working in any phase or setting. Available for UK members. This membership brings all the benefits of a professional association, but does NOT include Trade Union cover.
What are the benefits?
As a professional association member you get all standard membership benefits, plus:
Resources and Guidance
- Support every area of your work and career
- Immediate access to the members only areas of our website. Comprehensive resources and guidance to support every area of your work.
- three issues of AD (the Society's magazine) & artist posters delivered direct to your door
- three online issues of the International Journal of Art & Design Education each year and full access to every article published in the Journal since 1982.
- Frequent professional development opportunities at concessionary rates through an extensive programme of international, national, regional and online events.
- Careers advice and personal development opportunities.
- Work with members who share your interests to investigate issues of special interest.
- NSEAD negotiate discounts for members on publications, courses, exhibitions and events throughout the year – watch out for offers in your fortnightly newsletter.
- Being a member of the UK’s subject association and learned society for Art, craft and design education enhances your status as a developing professional. After your first year of membership you are eligible to use NSEAD as your post nominal initials
- Stand for election to our Council or Forum. Build your professional profile and help to shape the work of the Society
- Fortnightly newsletter direct to your inbox with all the latest news, opinions, events, jobs and opportunities
- Browse and download previous editions of AD and START magazine
Making a difference
- Help us influence the decision makers as we promote and protect your subject , Be part of NSEAD campaigns, make your voice heard through our All Party Parliamentary Group, contribute to NSEAD consultations and member surveys, join in with special projects and events.
- As an NSEAD member you support our work with government and governmental agencies including DfE, DENI, SOEID, Ofsted, CCEA(NI), LTS, SQA, the Chartered College and The TRA– making a difference for Art, craft & design education.
- Enjoy being part of a lively community of Art, craft & design educators, researchers and practioners. NSEAD supports regional networks across the UK and is affiliated with INSEA. Our events bring together members from all phases of education across the UK and worldwide.
- Members only invitation to join the NSEAD Facebook group, with over 4000 members.