Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich are currently looking to appoint an Art Technician to provide technical support for teachers
Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich
Grade 3 (Inner London): £26,193-£26,625 FTE + Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
Main Areas of Responsibility
To support teaching and learning in the Art Department.
Overall purpose and accountability:
- Providing assistance in preparation and packing away of practical lessons. Supporting lessons and assisting staff and students with practical activities. Supporting extra-curricular activities in which the department engages.
- Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature will also be required.
- Preparing resources in preparation for the lessons including collecting and storing visuals.
- Organising and maintaining the art display within the department/academy which needs to be regularly changed to support learning.
- Managing and tracking orders and stock.
- Organisation of store cupboard.
- Managing printers, computers and photocopier in the department.
- Photocopying work for students' books.
- Maintenance of equipment – sewing machines, glue guns, wax pots, light boxes, cameras, film recording.
- Ordering replacements when necessary.
- Supporting staff and students in lessons and in extra-curricular activities and after school clubs.
- General housekeeping, administration and maintenance activities will be required as they are for all staff working in the Art Department.
- Other duties and responsibilities of a similar development/clerical/technical nature and at a similar responsibility level to those described above may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working within a practical based environment, commercial or school
- Experience of supporting Art lessons in a secondary school
- English and Maths GCSE to C grade or higher
- Good organisational skills, able to keep work space tidy and running smoothly
- Ability to develop supportive working relationships with students and staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to use a range of software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Ability to process materials cost effectively
- Knowledge and understanding of art preparation processes
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- The ability to work unsupervised when necessary