Grade 3 (Inner London): £23,838-£24,270 FTE + Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
Deadline for applications Thursday 12 May
Harris Girls’ Academy East Dulwich is looking to appoint an Art Technician to provide technical support for teachers.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As Art Technician, your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting and advise teaching staff on the preparation and layout in classrooms for practical exercises, running trials, demonstrations and helping students with learning activities as appropriate.
- Ensuring equipment and materials prepared for lessons are to the specification of the teacher requisitions, including making up special equipment or modifying from existing equipment as necessary from instructions supplied by the teaching staff.
- In conjunction with the appropriate teachers to advise students on the safe and proper use of tools and equipment and on the correct and safe way to carry out learning activities. To also advise staff, as necessary, on Health and Safety issues and on the best way to carry out practical work.
- Supporting students prepare materials for both 3D and 2D projects, e.g. stretch canvas, prepare screens for printing.
- Assisting in practical lessons and after hours activities when requested.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to A Level or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Experience working with a range of Art equipment and resources
- Experience or solid understanding of working as a technician in a school or educational establishment, undertaking a range of practical tasks
Full details of the post can be found here.