A Year 8 project to investigate pop art, packaging and colour theory knowledge
Aims of this project
- To experiment with a variety of art materials
- Study the work of Andy Warhol to understand how to create work inspired by popular culture
- Experiment with 3D sculpture
- To understand the term pop art and give examples of 1960s and 2014 pop art with influences from artists work
- Develop observational drawing and painting skills
- Develop colour theory knowledge
- Create a 3D sculpture that resembles a piece of packaging
- To have a series of good quality drawings in a range of materials.
- Apply neat and bold use of paint adding tone in places.