This session will be led by NSEAD experts Ged Gast and Liz McFarlane and will provide practical support and knowledge for compliance with the regulations that govern our practice as teachers of a non-examination subject.
About this course
This course focuses on successfully leading GCSE Art and Design with the objectives of:
- Developing a better understanding of GCSE examinations in art & design
- Understanding the expectations of senior leadership
- Exploring the documentation, regulations and prohibited actions when teaching and preparing students for examination and marking
- Addressing what is best practice and how should you plan your KS3 and 4 curriculum to ensure you are GCSE ready.
What to expect:
- An overview of GCSE content and regulations
- The implications for teachers applying the regulations
- How to establish good learning behaviours and habits
- How to prepare for the externally set assignment
- An overview of methodology – what skills do you plan to develop?
- How to ensure students have knowledge, skills and practice.
What is included?
This is an NSEAD blended course. The programme will consist of several e-learning lessons (available to study at your own pace at a time that works for you) and digital live sessions (through zoom) hosted by course facilitators, providing participants the opportunity to network with peers, take part in workshops, share ideas and ask for advice.
This programme is free of charge and exclusive to NSEAD members. Be sure to renew your NSEAD membership as an ECT here, with 50% discount for your first year.