In partnership with Birmingham Education Partnerships, The National Seminars is a six-part teacher training course supported by the NSEAD, RIBA (The Royal Institute of British Architects) and Birmingham City University.
Art and D&T are the homes for innovation and creativity within the curriculum and are the natural pathways for our next big thinkers, problem-solvers, change-makers, artists, designers, and architects of the future. In the post-pandemic world, the online platform now allows us to come together to learn about these subjects irrespective of where we are located, and because of this, I have been able to invite some of the most inspirational artists, practitioners and organisations from across the country to work with you. These national partners will bring valuable insight to the learning by showing us why Art and D&T are important subjects within the primary curriculum, and how each discipline makes its contribution to society and the wider world.
The course is aimed at Primary Art and D&T Subject Leads, Curriculum Leads, Senior Leaders, NQT’s, and students (ITT’s) from any area of the country. The training is also suitable for artists, creative practitioners and cultural sector workers seeking to better understand and engage with the current primary education landscape.
- The Language of Art with The National Gallery | Wednesday 7th December 2022 13.00-16.30pm
- Painting with NSEAD and Sarah Graham | Wednesday 1st February 2023 13.00-16.30pm
- Colour and Form with Rana Begum | Wednesday 7th June 2023 13.00-16.30pm
Design and Technology
- Design, Make, Evaluate with Haidée Drew and guests Leigh Trust | Wednesday 30th November 2022 13.00-16.30pm
- Architecture and the Built Environment with RIBA & guests | Wednesday 1st March 2023 13.00-16.30pm
- Textiles with Sadie Williams and guests | Wednesday 19th April 2023 13.00-16.30pm