NSEAD has partnered with the Oak National Academy. Members with primary expertise have produced a key stage 1 and 2 curriculum map, teaching guide and video lessons that are inclusive, accessible and relevant for all primary-aged children. These are free resources.
The Curriculum Plan for key stage 1 and key stage 2
The Art , Craft and Design Curriculum Plan will support primary teachers and subject leads to plan an outstanding local art, craft and design curriculum. You can download the curriculum plan, which includes subject structure and sequence in both PDF and word formats. Visit the 'Primary' section to find the art, craft and design plan.
For each key stage there is a plan that provides:
- An overview of the principles we’ve followed
- How we’ve organised and structured different elements of the curriculum
- The units that make up the curriculum
- One or more optional sequences you can teach these in
Lessons for key stage 1 and key stage 2
Find out more and view the lessons here.
Key stage 1 includes four units units:
1. Drawing 2. Painting.
3. Printmaking 4. Sculpture
Key stage 2 includes eight units units:
1. Creative craft 2. Ceramics
3. Collage 4. Textiles
5. Photography 6. Installation / Site specific art
7. Digital / new media 8. Design / Graphic Design
We are grateful to NSEAD member community who have brought research, knowledge and practice to the OAK National Academy Primary resources. Read about our work here.
Thank you to Dr Emese Hall and Susan Ogier for their curriculum map and to all the primary expert teachers who have produced such engaging and relevant lessons.